The Perfection of the Morning
Author: Sharon Butala
About The Perfection of the Morning: Essays.
- 1994 – Governor General's Literary Awards: Non-fiction – Shortlisted
- 1994 – Saskatchewan Book Awards: Book of the Year – Shortlisted
- 1994 – Saskatchewan Book Awards: Non-Fiction – Winner
- 1994 – Saskatchewan Book Awards: Spirit of Saskatchewan Award – Winner
Reviews of The Perfection of the Morning
- Richard, Book Addiction, 4 November 2008
- "It's a worthwhile read, especially for women of a certain age and persons of a certain persuasion - plus her prose is really quite lovely - but it's not a book I identify with."
- B. Kienapple, A Certain Bent Appeal, 19 October 2009
- "This 1994 memoir captured my heart a couple of years ago because of Butala's intense spiritual devotion to her home, a cattle ranch in southwest Saskatchewan."
- Andrew Johnson, From Seed to Bloom, 28 November 2010
- "After a bit of distance ... I can appreciate Butala's emotional journey, in spite of her sometimes-eye-roll-inducing self-analysis."
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 29 May 2011.
Updated 05 September 2013.