The Winter Vault
Author: Anne Michaels
About The Winter Vault: A tragic event during the construction of the Aswan dam causes problems for a Toronto couple.
Reviews of The Winter Vault
- Adair Brouwer, Quill & Quire, March 2009
- "Some people will love all that writerly fulsomeness; others might admire the writer's vision, but long for more room to breathe."
- KevinfromCanada, 6 March 2009
- "I must say I regard it as a noble failure"
- Steven Hayward, Globe & Mail, 4 April 2009
- "it remains at bottom a deeply affecting love story about intimacies and distances that grow, shift and dissolve between people"
- Alison Pick, The Walrus, May 2009
- "it is a thing of beauty unto itself, with pleasures and merits of its own"
- Boyd Tonkin, The Independent, 29 May 2009
- "she guides us to the top of some extraordinary peaks of feeling and perception"
- Barefootheart, Willow House Chronicles, 31 August 2009
- "Perhaps I'm unsympathetic, but Jean began to wear on me."
- Kate's Bookcase, 22 September 2009
- "But I guess that I like plot too much, and that is what this book is missing."
- Trevor, The Mookse and the Gripes, 17 October 2009
- "I became very frustrated with the meandering threads that drifted further and further from the solid foundation established in Part I."
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 10 June 2011.
Updated 29 March 2013.