Author: Michael Ondaatje
About Anil's Ghost: Forensic anthropologist Anil Tissera returns to her native Sri Lanka to investigate possible political murders.
- ‘Ondaatje's Cathartic Vision.’ Andrea MacPherson, January Magazine, May 2000.
- “At times, the characters and their tenuous lives seem forgotten in the mass of plot and politics...”
- ‘Unearthing the Tragedies of Civil War in Sri Lanka.’ Janet Maslin, NY Times, 11 May 2000.
- “The book's real strengths lie in its profound sense of outrage, the shimmering intensity of its descriptive language and the mysterious beauty of its geography...”
- Lopa Patel, Redhotcurry.com.
- “...neither a new form nor a compelling read”
- Siddharth Singh, South Asian Women's Forum, 21 August 2000.
- “Truly a literary masterpiece.”
- Zaheera Jiwaji, The Charlotte Austin Review, 2000.
- “Ondaatje has done it again.”
- Shona Bagley, Sunday Times (South Africa), August 2001.
- “...a commanding read.”
- Amanda Eyre Ward, Austin Chronicle, 5 May 2000.
- “Though Ondaatje's stories may not always follow logically, the words are carefully chosen and brilliant.”
- Dahlia and Balu, So Uncool, 3 January 2008
- “This book is a pleasurable read, and goes deep.”
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 07 December 2005.
Updated 23 August 2013.