Author: Richard B. Wright
About Clara Callan: The Depression-era lives of Clara and her sister Nora are explored via letters and journal entries.
Reviews of Clara Callan
- Joelle M. d’Entremont, 2002.
- “a complex, accurate and realistic portrayal of most single women [...] and of the small-town Canada experience”
- Lorna Jackson, Quill & Quire, September 2001.
- “a deft and lovely mix of highbrow literature and lowbrow melodrama.”
- ‘Grit and glamour.’ Carol Birch, Guardian Unlimited, 12 October 2002.
- “a wonderful evocation of place and era, a social history, a meditation on the nature of time when faith is gone.”
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 21 November 2005.
Updated 24 August 2013.