Author: Gil Adamson
About The Outlander: A young woman kills her husband and then flees from his angry brothers.
- 2007 – Amazon.ca First Novel Award – Winner
- 2009 – Canada Reads – Shortlisted
- 2009 – Evergreen Award – Shortlisted
- 2008 – ReLit Awards: Novel – Winner
Reviews of The Outlander
- Bronwyn Drainie, Quill & Quire, July 2007
- "Adamson is an impressive stylist who knows how to keep an unlikely story moving at a swift and graceful pace."
- Alexander Varty, Straight.com, 27 September 2007
- "we can't help but be swept up in her painful, absurd, and ultimately captivating journey"
- Carrie O'Grady, The Guardian, 17 January 2009
- "this is a serious, literary book that moves far beyond genre or gender stereotypes."
- Melwyk, The Indextrious Reader, 7 April 2009
- "I appreciated the skill and talent Adamson brings to the book, but I am not sure that the story fully engaged my imagination or sympathies."
- Kate's Bookcase, 28 August 2009
- "The book is well paced and interesting, but never seemed real to me."
- Kailana, The Written World, 29 September 2009
- "I strongly recommend this book!"
- Trish, Hey Lady? Whatcha Readin'?, 22 June 2010
- "I couldn't find anything remarkable to note for the future."
- Monica, Monniblog, 2 July 2010
- "although it was a bit open-ended, it didn't leave me feeling unfulfilled"
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 10 June 2011.
Updated 29 March 2013.