A Short History of Progress
Author: Ronald Wright
About A Short History of Progress: Based on Wright's Massey Lectures.
Reviews of A Short History of Progress
- Bronwyn Drainie, Quill & Quire, January 2005
- "What makes Wright's book richer than most pleas for ecological sanity is his ability to strap on seven-league boots and take his readers on a sweeping educational tour of history and every continentís previous civilizations."
- Devika Mistry, September 2005
- "Wright guides his readers through the history of the world since the Ages to present, in a manner that is not only elegantly crafted and conjured but also thorough and expansive in its content."
- Ben Bull, Raise the Hammer, 28 November 2005
- "It is a remarkable book."
- Richard, Book Addiction, 4 October 2008
- "straightforward and highly readable prose style"
- Michal, One Last Sketch, 9 April 2011
- "If you have some interest in historical philosophy, I can see no better way of wiling away a few hours. Highly recommended."
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 07 May 2011.
Updated 07 September 2013.