Author: Ann Ireland
About Exile: Poet Carlos Romero Estevez is smuggled out of his country and taken to Vancouver.
- 2002 – Governor General's Literary Award: Fiction – Shortlisted
- 2002 – Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize – Shortlisted
Reviews of Exile
- Alex Bozikovic, Eye Weekly, 17 October 2002.
- “This is a fable that feels very real.”
- ‘Refugee Blues.’ Susan G. Cole, NOW.
- “By trying to do too much — and refusing the smaller scale — Ireland loses control of the narrative and it sort of fades away.”
- Maureen Garvie, Quill & Quire, November 2002.
- “This is a wise, funny, sad, and compassionate book.”
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 14 February 2006.
Updated 23 August 2013.