Remembering the Bones
Author: Frances Itani
About Remembering the Bones: A woman has been invited to England to celebrate her 80th birthday with the Queen but on the way to the airport, she drives off the road and into a ravine.
Reviews of Remembering the Bones
- Kerry Clare, Pickle Me This, 1 November 2007
- "The story of her most extraordinary ordinary life, and my heart was wrung by the joy and the sadness alike."
- Susann Cokal, The New York Times, 13 January 2008
- "These carefully observed and beautifully described moments put flesh on the bones of Itani's plot and make the novel breathe."
- James Urquhart, The Independent, 2 March 2008
- "Itani's prose is lucid and engaging, but her faux-dramatic context mocks the measured substance of her story."
- Gayle Weiswasser, Everyday I Write the Book, 19 April 2009
- "The writing was simple but powerful."
- Charlene Martel, The Literary Word, 5 January 2011
- "A truly beautiful book that will remain on my bookshelf for many years to come"
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 29 May 2011.
Updated 05 September 2013.