The Canadian Book Challenge 3
It's time for my favourite book challenge!
Starting July 1st, 2009 and ending July 1st, 2010, I challenge Canadians and non-Canadians to read 13 or more Canadian books. Pick fiction, pick nonfiction, pick poetry, graphic novels, picture books, plays, etc—if it's Canadian and if it's a book, it's in. [From The Book Mine Set]
For the first challenge, I chose my books based on where they were set, one for each province and territory. For the second challenge, I chose books by authors with MySpace profiles. This time, I'm giving myself a break and going without a theme.
I will be keeping track of my progress on this post. They will be listed in the order I reviewed them, not in the order I read them.
Completed 29 June 2010.
- Last Stop Sunnyside by Pat Capponi
- The Garneau Block by Todd Babiak
- It Can Happen to You by Lynn Crymble
- Barrington Street Blues by Anne Emery
- Old City Hall by Robert Rotenberg
- The End of the Alphabet by CS Richardson
- Red Snow by Michael Slade
- The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
- The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan
- The World More Full of Weeping by Robert J. Wiersema
- Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk
- Spin by Catherine McKenzie
- Queen's Court by Edward O. Phillips