Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage
Author: Alice Munro
Genre: Short Stories
About Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage: A collection of nine short stories.
- Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage
- Floating Bridge
- Family Furnishings
- Post & Beam
- What is Remembered
- The Bear Came Over the Mountain
- See also: Index of stories in Munro's books.
- Laura Miller, Salon, 6 December 2001.
- “The stories in this new collection don't play dazzling tricks with time and memory as some of her recent work has, but they're sagacious nevertheless.”
- ‘Twists of Fate.’ Leah Swann, Yale Review of Books, 2002.
- “By turns both lovely and frustrating...”
- ‘Reading Munro.’ Emily Banner, Slant Review.
- “...Munro steps out into more varied subject matter, but her trademark virtuosity is intact.”
- ‘Road Map Not Included in Alice Munro's New Stories.’ William H. Pritchard, NY Times, 25 November 2001.
- “...whatever resolution each story enacts is formulated in language that zealously guards itself against too consolatory, too memorable a formula.”
- ‘Home Is Where the Heart Is, an Independent One.’ Michiko Kakutani, NY Times, 20 November 2001.
- “These tales have the intimacy of a family photo album and the organic feel of real life...”
- Claire, Kiss a Cloud, 6 October 2009
- “It's the insight, the meaning behind the thoughts and actions of her characters that linger with me.”
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 24 November 2005.
Updated 29 March 2013.