Author: Arthur Slade
Genre: Young adult
About Tribes: A seventeen-year-old boy observes his fellow students from an anthropological point-of-view.
- 2002 – Saskatchewan Book Awards: Book of the Year – Shortlisted
- 2002 – Saskatchewan Book Awards: Saskatoon Book Award – Shortlisted
- 2002 – Saskatchewan Book Awards: Young Adult – Shortlisted
- 2003 – White Pine Award – Shortlisted
Reviews of Tribes
- Jeffrey Canton, Quill & Quire, August 2002
- “Although the dialogue sometimes seems a little stilted even for an amateur anthropologist,Tribes is an inventive and deeply honest young adult novel that is sure to capture the interest of teen readers.”
- Joanne Peters, CM Magazine, 15 November 2002
- “Arthur Slade does an excellent job of capturing the subtleties and complexities of high school social structures, its cruelty and its caring.”
- Steven R. McEvoy, Book Reviews and More, 11 February 2009
- “This is a great fun and very enjoyable read.”
WARNING: Comments may contain spoilers.blog comments powered by Disqus
Added 04 August 2009.
Updated 07 September 2013.